Improved dd, useful for forensics and securityAuthority:
dcfldd is an enhanced version of GNU dd with features useful for forensics
and security. dcfldd has the following additional features:
* Hashing on-the-fly - dcfldd can hash the input data as it is being
transferred, helping to ensure data integrity.
* Status output - dcfldd can update the user of its progress in terms of
the amount of data transferred and how much longer operation will take.
* Flexible disk wipes - dcfldd can be used to wipe disks quickly
and with a known pattern if desired.
* Image/wipe Verify - dcfldd can verify that a target drive is a
bit-for-bit match of the specified input file or pattern.
* Multiple outputs - dcfldd can output to multiple files or disks at
the same time.
* Split output - dcfldd can split output to multiple files with more
configurability than the split command.
* Piped output and logs - dcfldd can send all its log data and output
to commands as well as files natively.
Spec filename: dcfldd.spec
View spec: dcfldd spec file
Rpmforge Subversion URL: http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/dcfldd/dcfldd.spec
Pydar2 info:Id in db: 4189
Versions in pydar2:version 20487 of dcfldd
More information can be found at the new dcfldd rpm page which is still work in progress.